Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Earn my Bachelor's Degree No.3

I graduated from high school a little over 20 years ago. I initially went to UW-Whitewater as a freshman, while I was a good student in school prior I was definitely not prepared for the discipline it took to study and succeed at that level.  I quit more out of an admittance that I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life than requirement.  Once I moved from Watertown to Kenosha and got a little focus and drive placed back into my life via a better life for my family.

I returned to school and enrolled in Gateway Technical College's Business Marketing Associates degree. This time around the hard work associated with going to school came easier for me.  I did well and earned good marks.  While almost finishing I started working with InsureOne, rapidly earned responsibility and income and didn't finish school.

Fast-forward to 13 years later:  Michael and I left Wisconsin in the summer of 2012 for a job opportunity for him in Cincinnati. Now even thou I quickly found a job with AAA's insurance department I found myself with more free time than I was accustom to having so why not fill that time...

So in April of last year I applied, got accepted, transferred credits and went back to school.  I knew I couldn't attend classroom classes with my time schedule, and didn't want to be in school forever.  Southern New Hampshire University fit all my needs and requirements and became the school I choose to attend.  I am now in my 5th accelerated semester already and each semester seems more challenging and time consuming then the last but there is a goal and a light at the end of the tunnel.

My Goal is to graduate with a Bachelors in Accounting with a minor in Information Systems.  And to do this at full-time pace and graduate in October 2015.

This semester's class schedule: Psychology and Cost Accountinghttp://www.snhu.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment